(2) Remove bolt(ll.)and washer(12) to remove
extrusion (57). Remove nut plate (56) by removing rivet
bulkhead assembly (13 and 14). Separate bulkhead
(12) Shelter serial No. 1 thru 184 only. Remove
(1:3) from bulkhead (14) by removing screw (17).
Remove seal (15) from bulkhead assemblies (13 and
velstat floor covering (58) from panel by peeling from
(13) Shelter serial No. 185 thru 302 only. Remove
(3) Remove screws (16 and 17) and remove water
tunnel cover assemblies (18, 19, 20, 21 and 22).
seals (59 and 60) from panel edge by peeling, from
(4) Remove screws (23) and remove electrical
raceway cover assembly (24). Remove rivnut (25) by
(14) Remove hinge half (63) by removing screw (61)
drilling out using a drill bit having the same diameter as
and rivet (62).
d. Repair. Repair damage to honeycomb panel
(5) Remove towing bracket (28) by removing screws
(26) and washers (27). Remove blind nut(29) by drilling
straighten any bent plates, latches, angles, or extrusions.
using a drill bit having the same diameter as the blind
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the fixed floor panel
(6) Remove mobilizer bracket(33)by removing
assembly as required to return to a serviceable condition
screws (30) and washers (31 and 32).
(chap. 8, sec. III).
(7) Remove support assembly (38) by removing bolt
f. Assembly. Assemble the fixed floor panel using
(35) and washers (36 and 37). Remove spacer (39),
as a guide and observing the following.
separate channel insert (34) from support assembly (38)
by removing detent pin (41).
(8) Remove screw (42), screw (43) and washer (44)
to remove ground rod (45).
(4) Replace rivnuts and blind nuts by methods used
(9) Remove rivet (46) and remove seal angle (47)
in para. c., above.
from edge of panel.
g. Installation). Install the fixed floor panel using
(10) Remove rubber guards (48 and 49) by peeling
as a guide and observing procedures outlined
from cemented area.
for replacement of fixed end and fixed roof panel
(11) Remove bolt (50), washer (51) and remove skid
assembly (52). Disassemble skid assembly (52) by
removing bolt (53) to separate channel (54) from
Section III. SHELTER BODY ASSEMBLY OVERHAUL
8-18. Shelter Painting
a. General.. This procedure defines the surface
This section provides information necessary for the
overhaul of shelter body assembly. Seal assemblies
preparation, type of primer, paint, and colors to be used
are to be removed and replaced on a yearly basis. The
on all surfaces to be painted.
b. Surface Preparation. The surface preparation
shelter interior and exterior shall be painted on a yearly
shall be in accordance with MIL-T-701.
Exterior surfaces and
components shall be primed one coat Epoxy Primer, or
8-16. Panel Assemblies Overhaul
equivalent (catalyze per manufacturer's instructions). Air
dry 18 hours or :30 minutes at 150 to 3,00F. (66)C.
Overhaul of the panel assemblies shall consist of a
to 149C.) Apply two finish coats of Specification TT-E-
complete inspection for corrosion, dents, scratches,
nicks, or other surface irregularities. Use emerv cloth to
5'27 enamel (catalyze per manufacturer's instructions).
Air dry,18 hours or 30 minutes at 150 to 300". (66C. to
dress to a smooth surface all nicks, cuts, corrosion and
scratches. Minor dents are acceptable. Cuts through
149C.). Color match per Federal Standard 595 No.
the aluminum facing or large dents shall be repaired in
d. Interior Surfaces. Interior walls shall be primed
with one coat of Epoxy primer. or equivalent (catalyze
8-17. Seal Replacement
per manufacturer's instructions). Air dry 18 hours or 30
minutes at 150 to 300F. (66C. To 149C.). Apply two
Replace seal assemblies as outlined in panel
disassembly paragraphs, sections I and II, chapter
finish coats Epoxy Base, Semi-gloss Green (catalyze per
manufacturer's instructions). Air dry 18 hours or 30
minutes at 150 to
Change 1, 8-24