(18) Remove rivets (49 and 50) and remove tees (51
8-12. Water Box Assembly
and 53) from door. Remove seals (52 and 54) from tees
a. General. The water box assembly is a metal
(51 and 53) by peeling from cemented areas.
faced honeycomb core box assembly housing water
(19) Remove rivets (57) and remove angles (58 and
system and electrical system components.
59) from door edge. Remove closeouts (55 and 56) from
Disassemble the water box
edge of door by running a knife or other suitable tool
assembly as required to replace damaged components
between closeout and door edge.
according to sequence of index numbers assigned to
(20) Remove doubler (61) from door by removing
(1) Remove all plumbing system components per
(21) Remove nut (62) and screw (63); remove the
door lock assembly from door and disassemble
(2) Remove electrical system components as
observing detail A and the following.
outlined in chapter 6, section II.
(a) Remove screw (64), handle bar (65). Remove
screw (66) and remove handle bail (67) from lock.
remove cover assembly (3).
Remove spacer (69) from handle bail (67) and remove
(4) Separate hinge (5) from cover assembly (3) by
removing rivet (4). Remove seals (6, 7 and 8) by peeling
(b) Remove lever (70) and stop arm (71). Remove
from cemented area.
screw (72) and remove idler block (73), stop arm (74),
(5) Remove rivets (9), door assembly (10) and
keeper (75) and locking blade (76).
remove seals (11, 12, 13 and 14) by peeling from
d. Repair. Repair damage to honeycomb panel
(6) Remove rivet (15), door assembly (16) and
straighten any bent plates, latches, angles, or extrusions
remove seals (17, 18, 19 and 20) by peeling from
using pliers, hammer, vise or other suitable tool.
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the door fixed end panel
(7) Remove pin (21) and remove fastener stud (22)
assembly as required to return to a serviceable condition
from cover assembly (3).
(chap. 8, sec. III).
(8) Remove rivet (23) and remove cover assembly
f. Assembly. Assemble the door fixed end panel
(24). Remove hinge (26) by removing rivet (25).
using FO-6 (located in back of manual) as a guide and
(9) Remove pin (27) and remove fastener stud (28)
observing the following:
from cover assembly (24). Remove rivet (29) and
(1) Cement all seals in position using the one part
remove receptacle (30).
adhesive from the repair kit. Clean all old adhesive
(10) Remove seals (31) and insulation (32) by
residue from the bonding area using an approved
peeling from cemented area.
(11) Remove bolts (33), washers (34) and remove
(2) Replace all rivets.
(3) Seal all cracks around hinge edges using EC
(12) Remove bolts (36), washers (37) and remove
776, 3M Co., or equivalent.
receptacle mounting bracket (38).
g. Installation. Install the door fixed end panel using
(13) Remove rivet(39)to remove receptacle (40) from
FO-6 (located in back of manual) as a guide and
bracket (38). Remove rivet (41) and nut plate (42).
observing the following:
(14) Remove insulation (43) by peeling from
(1) Position fixed end panel on the shelter and
(15) Remove bolt (44), washer (45) and remove
(2) Install angle (2, FO-6) (located in back of manual)
disconnect mounting bracket (46).
and secure with rivets (1).
(16) Remove bolt (47), washer (48) and remove
(3) Install ground straps between fixed end and
pump mounting bracket (49).
folding end panel assemblies.
(17) Remove water box (51) from shelter by
(4) Replace electrical wiring in door fixed end panel
removing rivets (50) from angles on interior and exterior
per chapter 6, section II.
c. Assembly. Assemble water box assembly using
(5) Install distribution box assembly per paragraph 6-
as a guide and observing the following:
(6) Install gusset assembly and secure with bolts and