(6)) Remove conduit box covers (18 and 19) from
panel (29) by removing screws (17).
(2) Remove distribution box from wall per paragraph
(7) Remove fiberglass box (20) by running a knife or
other suitable tool around edges of box to cut adhesive
(3) Remove electrical wiring from door fixed end
bond and separate box (20) from panel core.
panel per chapter 6, section II.
(8) On shelter serial No. 1 thru 184 only: remove
(4) Remove grounding straps from door fixed end
extrusions (25 and 26) from panel by removing rivets
(21) and plate (22). On shelter serial No. 185 thru 302
(5) Remove rivets (1, FO-6) (located in back of
manual) and angle (2) from bottom edge of panel.
removing rivets (21), spacer (23), and square washers
(6) Remove hinges from door fixed end panel per
(9) Remove rivet (27) and remove handle (28) front
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the door fixed panel
d. Repair. Repair damage to honeycomb panel
assembly as required to replace damaged parts
according to sequence of index numbers assigned to
straighten any bent plates latches, angles or extrusions
FO-6 (located at back of manual) and observing the
using a hammer, vise, or other tool to restore to a
(1) Remove latch assembly (4, FO-6) by removing
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the folding roof assembly as
screw (3). Remove screw (5) and remove shear plate
required to return to a serviceable condition (chap. 8,
(2) Remove bolt (7), washer (8) and remove
f. Assembly. Assemble the fixed roof panel using
mobilizer bracket (9).
(3) Remove electrical raceway cover (11) by
as a guide and observing the following:
removing rivets (10).
(1) Cement fiberglass light boxes (21, fig. 8-7) in position
(4) Remove rivet (12) and remove the level
using the two part adhesive from repair kit.
indicators (13) from end panel.
(2) Seal all cracks around hinge edges using sealant.
(5) Remove rivets (14) and instruction plate (15)
EC776, 3M Co., or equivalent.
from access door.
(3) Replace inserts in panel.
g. Installation. Install the fixed roof panel
(6) Remove rivets (16) and identification plate (17)
from end panel.
assembly using figure 8-7 as a guide and observing the
(7) Remove rivets (18) and remove doubler plate
(19) from panel.
(1) Lower roof assembly into proper position
(8) Remove gutter (21).by removing rivets (20).
assuring that all gusset and lift ring bolt holes in panel
(9) Remove outlet panel assembly (25), from shelter
align with those in fixed end panels.
end panel by removing screws (22) and washers (23 and
(2) Secure fixed roof panel by placing gusset(8, fig.
) into position and securing with holes (5) and w(6
(10) Remove screws (26), cover (27) and receptacle
and 7). Replace bolts (1) and washers (2 and :) into end
box (28) from panel.
panel portion of lift ring assembly (4) and tighten
(11) Remove screws (29), cover (30) and switch box
(;1 ) from panel.
(3) Replace bolts into the ceiling mount flanges on
(12) Remove sterilizer vent (32) and cap (33) by
the distribution box and tighten securely.
pushing from outside facing of panel with a fiber or soft
(4) Replace hinge pins and seal assemblies (para 8-
(13) Remove seal (34) from bottom opening in edge
(5) Remove fixed end jack assemblies.
(6) Replace all electrical wiring in roof panel (chap.
(14) Remove seal (35) by peeling from cernented
6. sec. II).
(15) Remove nut (36). screw (37),. and screw (38).
8-11. Door Fixed End Panel Assembly
Remove brace (39). Remove bolt (40) and remove
doubler (41) and angle (42).
a General. The door fixed end panel assembly is a
(16) Remove handbook container (45) from door
metal faced honeycomb core panel which houses the
assembly) by removing rivet (44).
access door assembly.
(17) Remove rivet (46), hinge (47) and spacer (48).
b. Removal. Remove the door fixed end panel as
Remove door assembly from end panel.
required to replace damaged components using FO-6
(located in back of manual) as a guide and observing the
(1) Remove gusset assembly from fixed roof and
Change 1 8-18