f. Assembly. Assemble the folding roof panel using
(4) Remove bellows frame (18 and 19) by removing
as a guide and observing the following:
(5) Remove keeper plate (21) by removing screws
(2) Due to discontinuance of explosive or
(6) Remove rivets (22) and remove gasket retainers
flammable anesthesia, velstat flooring (39) is no
(23, 24 and 25). Remove bulb seals (26) by sliding from
gasket retainer groove (detail A).
(7) Remove inserts (27 and 28) by drilling using a
(3) Replace potted inserts.
drill bit with the same diameter as the insert, and remove
(4) Replace bulb seal assemblies(26)by coating
doubler (29 and 30).
bottom edge with one part adhesive from repair kit and
(8) Remove bolt (31), washer (32) and ring assembly
sliding into groove in gasket retainers (23, 24 and 25).
(34) from panel. Disassemble ring assembly (34) from
(5) Seal all cracks around hinge edges using sealant
plate by removing pin. Remove insert (33) from panel by
EC776, 3M Co., or equivalent.
drilling out with a drill bit having the same diameter as
Install the folding floor panel
assembly and observing the following:
(9) Remove rivet (35) to remove handle assembly
(1) Position hinge half (7, fig. 8-6) into fixed floor
(36) and shims (37 and 38) from panel.
hinge half and insert the hinge pin (4).
(2) Rivet the seal (3) to the folding floor and the fixed
(10) Shelter serial No. 1 thru 184 only. Remove
velstat floor covering (39) from panel facing by
(3) Install the adhesive backed Mylar tape (1) to
peeling from cemented area.
hinge Joint. (Mylar tape is supplied with the shelter
d. Repair.. Repair damage to honeycomb panel
(4) Replace the grounding straps between the fixed
straighten any bent.
plates, latches, angles, or
floor panel and the folding floor panel.
extrusions using hammer, pliers. vise or other suitable
(5) Engage all latches which secure the folding floor
panel to the folding end and side panels.
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the folding floor panel
assembly as required to return to a serviceable condition
per chapter 8, section Ill.
Section II. FIXED PANEL ASSEMBLIES
(1) Remove all electrical wiring and harness
assemblies from ceiling using procedures outlined in
This section provides instructions for replacement of
chapter 6, section II.
those items considered as part of the fixed panel
(2) Remove bolts from ceiling mount flanges on the
assemblies. They consist of one door assembly, fixed
power distribution box.
end jack assemblies, water box fixed end panel. door
(3) Remove hinge pins (4, FO-5) (located in back of
fixed end panel, fixed floor panel, and fixed roof panel
manual) from hinge halves (10. fig. 8-7) to disconnect
fixed roof panel from folding roof panel using procedure
8-10. Fixed Roof Panel Assembly
(4) Remove bolt (1), washers (2 and 3) from fixed
end panel, leave bolts in fixed roof panel.
a. General. The fixed roof panel assembly is a
(5) Remove bolt (5), washers (6 and 7) and remove
metal faced honeycomb core panel. The fixed roof panel
gusset assembly (8).
consists of hinge assemblies, which attach to the folding
(6) Lift roof assembly up with a hoist, or lift by hand
roof panels, two fluorescent light assemblies. receptacle
using two or more men. Use lift ring assemblies (4) and
boxes, and electrical raceways and wiring harness
handles (28) for attach and handling points.
b. Removal. Remove the fixed roof assembly as
required to replace damaged components using figure 8-
7i as a guide and observing the following:
Change 1, 8-16