a drill having a drill bit the same diameter as the rivnut.
(c) Disconnect terminals (1, fig. 6-15) from light
(20) Remove handle assembly (58) by removing rivets
(d) Pull harness assemblies(13 and 14, FO-3)
d. Repair. Repair damage to honeycomb panel using
(located in back of manual) from the electrical wiring
straighten any bent plates, latches, angles or tees.
(2) Disengage all latches which secure the roof to
the end and side panels.
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the folding end panels as
(3) Place folding end and folding side panels in the
required to return to a serviceable condition per chapter
(4) Lower folding roof to gain access to the hinge
8, section III.
assemblies which secure the folding roof to the fixed
Assemble the folding end panel
assemblies using figure 8-5 as a guide and observing the
(5) Remove the rivets (1, FO-) (located in back of
manual) which secure the retainer strip (2) and seal (3)
(1) Install blind nuts and rivnuts per manufacturer's
to the hinge halves and remove the seal (3).
(6) Remove the hinge pin (4) to separate the hinge
(2) Replace rivets.
halves and remove the panel assembly.
(3) Seal all cracks around hinge edges using
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the folding roof panel
sealant EC776, 3M Co., or equivalent.
as required to replace damaged parts using FO-5
(4) Cement seals.
g. Installation. Install panel assemblies as follows:
(located in back of manual) as a guide and observing the
(1) Install the screws (1, fig. 8-5) washers (2) and
(1) Remove gasket retainers (6, 7, 8 and 9, FO-5)
rivets (3) to secure the hinges to the fixed end panel and
by removing rivets (5). Slide bulb seal (10, detail B) from
the folding side panels and install the folding end panel.
groove in gasket retainers.
(2) Install the grounding straps between the fixed
(2) Remove strike assembly (12) by removing bolt
end panels and folding end panels, and between the
folding side panel and the folding end panel.
(3) Remove rivet(13) and remove retainer strip (14)
(3) Engage all latches and hardware to secure the
and seal (15) from panel edge.
folding end panels to folding floor panel and observing
(4) Remove ball lock receptacle (17) by removing
the procedures given on the shelter instruction plate
located on the access foor.
(5) On shelters serial No. 1 thru 184, remove pin
(58) and on shelters serial No. 185 thru 302, remove
8-7. Folding Roof Panel Assemblies Repair
safety pin (66) from pivot assembly (20) and remove
support assembly (67).
a. General. The folding roof panel assemblies are
(6) Remove bolt (18), washer (19) and remove pivot
aluminum faced honeycomb core panels. There are two
assembly (20) from edge of extrusion (22).
folding roof panels one on each end of the shelter. The
(7) Remove rivet(21) and remove extrusion (22 and
folding roof panels provide for attachment of the
30) from panel edge.
conditioned air distribution plenums and conditioned air
(8) Separate shear angle (27) from extrusion (30)
by removing bolt(23), washer (24), bolt(25) and washer
b. Removal. Remove the folding roof panel assembly
(26). Remove rivet (28) to remove spacer (29).
(9) Remove screw (31), washer (32) and ground
(1) Disconnect wiring harness assemblies at
rod (33) from panel.
receptacle boxes as follows:
(10) Remove fluorescent light assemblies from
(a) Disconnect harness connectors(13 and 14,
fiberglass box (38 and 39).
FO-3) from receptacle boxes on the shelter ceiling.
cut out by sliding a knife or other suitable tool along
plates (2) from receptacle boxes and remove screw (3)
and bracket (4). Separate male harness (8) from
(12) Unfasten latches on flange(46) from strike
bracket (4) by removing nut (5), washer (6) and screw
assembly (44) and remove flange.(46).
(13) Remove duct cover(42) by removing rivets (36)
from hinge assembly (37). Remove strap (41) from duct
cover (42) by removing screw (38) and
Change 1 8-12