1. Mylar tape
21. Keeper plate (2)
31. Bolt (6)
22. Rivet (96)
32. Washer (6)
23 Gasket retainer
33. Insert (6)
4. Hinge pin
24. Gasket retainer (2)
34. Ring assembly
5. Rivet (178)
25 Gasket retainer
35 Rivet (:12)
6. Screw (23)
26i. Seal. bulb
36. Handle assembly
7. Hinge half
27. Insert (4)
8. Rivet (44)
9. Retainer strip
*39. Floor cover
40. Folding floor panel
*Shelter serial No. 1 thru 184 only.
(5) Repair to damaged honeycomb panel edging
assemblies, one on each side of the shelter (fig. 8-1).
b. Removal. Remove the folding floor panel
(closeouts). Repair damaged panel edging as follows:
assemblies as follows:
(a) Remove the damaged phenolic edging with a
(1) Remove the folding end jack assemblies.
sharp knife to cut away from honeycomb core, using
(a) Unscrew bolt (6, fig. 4-21, sheet 2 of 2) from
care to prevent damage to honeycomb core and
panel and remove nut (7).
aluminum facing edge.
(b) Cut a section of phenolic edging the same size as
(b) Remove bolts (8) from attaching bracket and the
four flat head screws (9) from bottom of bracket.
the damaged area and apply a thin coat of the two part
Remove jack assembly (10).
adhesive to the phenolic edging back.
(2) Disengage all latches and hardware which secure
(c) Press the edging firmly in place and allow to cure
the folding floor panels to the folding end panels and
for a minimum of 8 hours.
e. Overhaul. Overhaul the folding roof panel
folding -side panels observing the procedures given on
the shelter instruction plate located on the door.
assembly as required to return to a serviceable condition
(3) Remove the grounding straps between the fixed
per chapter 8, section III.
floor panel and folding floor panels.
f Assembly. Assemble the folding roof panel using
(4) Place folding end and side panels in the folded
FO-5 (located in back of manual) as a guide and
position (para 8-21). through 8-6).
observing the following:
(5) Raise the floor panel to gain access to the hinge
(1) Cement seals.
which secures the folding floor panel to the fixed floor
(2) Cement fiberglass light boxes in position using
the two part adhesive from the repair kit and mixing per
(6) Remove Mylar tape (1, fig. 8-6) from hinge joint.
and remove rivets (2) \which secure the seal (:3) to the
Install the folding roof panel
folding floor and fixed floor panels. Remove hinge pin
assembly using FO-5 (located in back of manual) as a
(4) and remove folding floor panel (40).
guide and observing the following:
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the folding floor panel
(1) Position the hinge halves together and secure
as required to replace damage using figure 8-6 as a
with the hinge pin (4).
guide and observing the following:
(2) Rivet the seal assemblies in place.
(1) Remove rivet (5, fig. 8-6) and screw (6) to
(3) Securely fasten all latches to the folding end and
remove hinge half (7) from panel edge. Remove seal
(10) by peeling from cemented area.
(4) Reconnect the wiring harness as receptacle
(2) Remove rivet (8) an(] retainer strip (9) and
remove seal (10) from panel edge.
(3) Remove screw (11) and remove bellows frame
8-8. Folding-Floor Panel Assemblies
(12). Remove screw (13). bracket (15)) and spacer
(16). Remove insert (1t ) by drilling using a drill bit with
a. General. The folding floor panel assemblies are
the same diameter as the insert.
aluminum faced honeycomb core panels. On shelter
serial No. 1 thru 184 only, the interior face is covered
with a nonslip velstat fabric. There are two panel
Change 1, 8-15