REPAIR OF SHELTER BODY ASSEMBLIES
Section I. FOLDING PANEL ASSEMBLIES
(6) Remove screws from lock assembly plate and
remove lock assembly from door. Disassemble door
lock assembly according to sequence of index numbers
This section provides instructions for replacement of
assigned to detail A and observing the following.
those items considered as part of the folding panel
(a) Remove screws (22 and 23) and remove
assemblies. They consist of four door panel assemblies,
handle bar (24). Remove nut (25), washer (26), and
folding end jack assemblies, folding side panels, folding
screw (27); remove locking bar(28), handle bail (29),
end panels, folding floor panels and folding roof panels.
keeper plate (30) and stop arm (31).
(b) Remove screw (32) and remove idler block
(33), stop arm (34), keeper plate (30) and locking blade
8-2. Door Panel Assemblies
(c) Remove screw (23) to remove interior
a. General. The door panel assemblies are a metal
handle bar (24), and handle bail (29).
faced honeycomb core panel. They consist of a weather
(7) Remove rivet (36), window frame (37), spacer
seal assembly on the door inner edge, a hinge assembly,
(38) and window (39). Remove blackout curtain pile tape
door stops, window assemblies with blackout curtains,
(41 and 42) by peeling from window frame (37). Remove
and an anti-backdraft valve located on one of the panel
closeouts (40) by running a knife or other sharp
instrument between closeout and paper honeycomb
b. Removal. Remove the door assemblies according
to sequence of index numbers assigned to figure 8-2 and
(8) Remove push plate (43) from door by breaking
observing the following.
adhesive bond and peeling from door.
(1) Remove grounding straps located at the upper
(9) Remove door stop (45) by removing rivet (44).
left and right hand corners of the doors.
Remove kick plate (47) by removing rivets (46).
(2) Remove the captive screws (1, fig. 8-2) on the
(10) Remove rivnut (48) from door by drilling out
side panel side of the hinge (11) and the pan head
with drill bit of the same diameter as the rivnut.
screws securing the hinge to the edge of the side panels
(11) Remove and disassemble anti-backdraft valve
(60, 61, FO-4) (located in back of manual).
by observing the following.
(3) Remove doors (75, 76, fig. 8-2) from the folding
(a) Remove screw (49) and remove housing
assembly (51), gasket (52), and grill (53).
Disassemble the door panel
(b) Remove damper assembly (60) by remov-
assemblies for replacement of damaged parts accor-
ing cotter pin (54) from pin (55). Remove pin (55) and
ding to sequence of index numbers assigned to figure 8-
washers (56) from hinges to allow damper assembly (60)
2 and observing the following.
to be removed from housing assembly (51).
(1) Remove washer (2, fig. 8-2) and retainer washer
(c) Remove counterweight (59) by removing nut
(3) from captive screw (1).
(57) and screw (58) from counterweight support (65).
(2) Remove screw (4), rivets (6 and 7) which secure
(d) Remove hinges (62 and 63) by removing
hinge half (10) to door panel assemblies. Remove blind
(e) Remove counterweight support (65) by
(3) Remove hinge pin (8) and separate hinge halves
removing rivet (64).
(10 and 11), and torsion springs (9).
(12) Remove closeouts (66 and 67) by running a
(4) Remove screw (12), washer(13) and remove
knife or other sharp tool between the closeout and the
ground rod (14) from panel.
paper honeycomb core.
(5) Remove screw (15) to remove upper bar
retainer (17) from panel. Remove rivet (19) and remove
lower bar retainer (20) and retainer shim (21). Remove
blind nut (16).