(13) Remove seal assembly (70) by removing rivets
8-4. Folding Side Palen Repair Procedures
(68) and retainer strip (69).
(14) Remove closeouts (71 and 72) using
a. General. The folding side panel assemblies are an
procedure given in step (12) above.
aluminum faced honeycomb core panel which house the
(15) Remove door pull (74) from door panel
door assemblies. There are four side panel assemblies
assemblies (75 and 76) by removing rivets (73).
d. Overhaul. Overhaul the door panel assemblies as
b. Removal. Remove the side panel assemblies as
required to return to a serviceable condition per chapter
(1) Remove the folding floor jack assemblies as
e. Assembly. Assemble the door panel assemblies
using figure 8-2 as a guide and observing the following:
(2) Disengage all latches and hardware which
(1) Install blind nuts and rivnuts using installation
attach the side panels to the folding roof panels and
procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
folding floor panels observing the procedures given on
(2) Replace rivets.
the shelter instruction plate located on the door.
(3) During assembly of door window assemblies,
(3) Remove the grounding straps between the
place a bead of EC 776, 3M Co., or equivalent, around
folding end panels and folding side panels.
edge of outer window (39, fig. 8-2). Paint interior surface
(4) Remove screw (1, FO-4) (located in back of
of spacer (38) with one coat of TT-E-527, Color 3407 per
manual) and washers (2) which secure the hinge half
Federal Standard 595.
(11) to the folding end panels. Lift up the folding roof
(4) Assemble closeouts (40, 66, 67, 71 and 72)on
panel and support roof using the adjustable roof support;
door panel assemblies.
remove the side panel assemblies.
f. Installation. Install the door assemblies observing
c. Disassembly. Disassemble the side panels as
required to replace damaged parts according to
(1) Position the doors and secure the hinges to the
sequence of numbers assigned to FO-4 (located in back
side panels with the captive screws (1, fig. 8-2). Adjust
of manual), and observing the following.
doors to assure that no binding or rubbing is present.
(1) Remove screws (3, FO-4) (located in back of
(2) Replace the grounding straps at the upper left
manual), washers (4), rivets (6) and screws (7) and
and right hand corners.
remove hinge assembly from panel edge. Remove
hinge pin (10) by pulling in a straight line using pliers or
8-3. Folding Floor Jack Assemblies
other suitable tool to grip the pin. Separate hinge half
(11) from hinge half (12).
a. General. The folding floor jack assemblies are
(2) Remove insert (8) using procedure outlined in
used to level the folding ends of the expandable shelter.
b. Removal. Jack assembly (10, fig. 4-21, sheet 2 of
2) shall be removed observing the following.
Remove loose particles from the hose
using a compressed air blast with clean
panel and remove nut (7).
(2) Remove bolts (8) from attaching bracket and the
four flat head screws (9) from bottom of bracket.
(3) Remove rivets (13) which secure angles (14) to
Remove jack assembly (10).
c. Installation. Install jack assembly using figure 4-21
(4) Remove closeouts (15) by sliding a sharp knife
as a guide and observing the following.
or other suitable tool between closeout and honeycomb
(1) Replace retainer nut (7, fig. 4-21, sheet 2 of 2)
paper core using care not to damage panel or
on bolt (6).
(2) Place jack assembly (1) into position and screw
(5) Remove screw (16), washer (17) and ground
bolt (6) into shelter.
rod (18) from panel.
(3) Replace bolt (8)and flat head screws(9)and
(6) Remove rivnut (19) from panel by drilling using a
tighten all bolts and screws securely.
drill bit with the same diameter as the rivnut.
(7) Remove rivnut (20) which secures the top
angles (21) to the panel top edge.
(8) Remove closeout (22) using procedure given in
step ('(4), above.
(9) Remove tee (25) by removing rivet (24).