(2) Position lower plywood panel horizontally
so that it isnt higher than the middle of the large
(3) Drill 3/16 inch diameter holes through
plywood at the height of the retaining strip. Use
strips above as guides for drilling plywood at exist-
ing holes in retaining strips.
(4) Use pop riveter to attach plywood to the
upper thin retaining strip, Make sure plywood is
tight against retaining strip when putting in rivets.
Do not attach plywood to wide retaining strip or
attach kick plate at this time.
(5) Position second plywood panel above and
resting on the first sheet of plywood. Attach it to
both retaining strips in same way as above.
(6) Attach both plywood panels to wide metal
retaining strip in the middle. This strip holds the
joint between plywood panels, The joint between
panels should be right in the middle of the wide
strip. Attach in same manner as above.
(7) Attach kick plate to the remaining two nar-
row metal retaining strips behind the bottom of the
lower plywood panel. Do not drill new holes into kick
plate, Drill and rivet directly through existing
a. Removal. The floor boards are attached to the
cross members by means of self-tapping screws. To
remove the floor board remove the attaching screws
(1) Caulk (Item 4, App. D) area where exposed
floor and sills meet. Place board in position.
(2) Drill 0.221 inch diameter holes through
wood and steel cross members. Make sure new holes
are drilled in cross member.
(3) Using self-tapping screws, seat screws in
position and drive screws below floor level, Break
off exposed portion of screws underneath container
by using a piece of pipe or equivalent as a lever.