3-8. Plywood Liners: Note that containers num-
bered less than 12000 have liners on sides as well
as front. Containers numbered 12000 and higher
have plywood liner covers only on the front of the
a. Removal (numbered less than 12000)
(1) Insert a flat steel chisel between the
drivescrew head and the plywood panel and shear
off the drivescrew head (fig, 3-2).
(2) Using a suitable drift pin, drive out the
remainder of the drivescrew.
(3) Remove plywood panel and retainer.
b. Installation (containers numbered less than
(1) Position plywood panel and
plate and for retainer with adhesive.
(2) Drill 3/16 inch diameter holes through
plywood, kick plate, and rails so that drivescrews
will not use previously bored holes.
(3) Using drivescrews 3/16 inch diameter with
5/16 inch grip, insert and tighten into rails. Make
sure panel is tight against rails when driving screws.
c. Removal (numbered 12000 and higher)
(1) Remove rivets by drilling using 3/16 inch
(maximum) drill bit.
(2) Remove plywood panel.
d. Installation (numbered 12000 and higher)
(1) Use grease pencil to mark height of all
retaining strips. There are five narrow strips and
one wide strip secured to the corrugated panel at the
front of the container.