ARMY TM 10-8340-224-13
AIR FORCE TO 35E561
SECTION IV. OPERATION UNDER UNUSUAL CONDITIONS
GENERAL. While it is not possible to prepare for all
unusual conditions the TEMPER will be exposed to, the
following information should be
O~e rat ion in Hiah Wind.
All tent lines and frame
helpful during unusual
feet must be
staked down. Failure to stake and tie
down tent may result in injury to
personnel and damage to equipment.
(1) Replace wooden stakes with ground anchor kit.
(2) Close and fasten all windows and doors.
(3) Frequently check all tent pins and lines.
(4) Secure by placing sandbags around base of tent.
(1) If heavy rain is expected or the TEMPER is going to be
set up for a long period of time, dig a trench around
(2) Tent lines may shrink from dampness, so keep tent lines
loose enough to prevent tent pins from being pulled out
of the ground.
(3) Dry all TEMPER components before repacking.
(4) Make sure no leaks occur near the electrical
distribution set or the light set. Disconnect power if
O~e rat ion in Snow/Extreme co ld.
(1) Sweep snow from fly using snow rake (Appendix E, item
(2) Gently push up on the roof from inside the TEMPER to
remove snow that may have piled up.