2 - 1 0 . ( c o n t )
(1) Place floor timbers along the front and rear of the shelter
contacting lower ISO fittings.
Make sure timber is new and has no structural
(2) Tie the shelter down to the retaining brackets on the railroad
car with 1/2-inch diameter wire rope and turn buckles.
(3) Place 8 inch by 8 inch blocking timbers on the railroad car floor
with the edge grain laid flatwise.
(4) Place at least four 4 inch by 5 inch vertical post timbers with
edge grain oriented fore and aft at each end of the shelter.
(5) Bolt the ends of the floor timbers to the vertical post timbers
using 3/4-inch diameter bolts.
(6) Spike or nail the vertical post timbers through the retaining
brackets on the railroad car to prevent vertical movement.