Z - Nonrepairable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of maintenance shown
in 3d position of SMR Code.
O - Repairable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item unit or aviation unit level
F - Repairable item. When uneconomically repairable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct support or
aviation intermediate level
H - Repairable item. When uneconomically repairable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general support
D - Repairable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and disposal of item
not authorized below depot level.
L - Repairable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
A- Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious metal
content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives for
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5digit numeric code which
is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual, company,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may
have a different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following information:
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., PhySec C1 -
Confidential, PhySec C1 (S) - Secret, PhySec C1 (T) -Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled item line
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are shown
on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).