AFTER USE - CONTINUED
Towing in Train (Two Empty Dolly Sets Maximum)
1. Couple front empty dolly set tow bar (1) to tow vehicle and safety chains.
Pinching or mashing of air brake line could result in brake failure.
2. Attach brake lines of first dolly to tow vehicle.
3. Attach electrical cable (2) from first dolly to tow vehicle.
4. Connect brake jumper cable from front half to rear half on first dolly set.
5. Hook up second empty dolly set tow bar (6) to pintle (7) of first dolly set.
6. Connect rear dolly set safety chains (8) to lifting eyes (9) at rear of front dolly set.
7. Connect intervehicular electrical cable (4) from first dolly junction box (3) to rear of second
dolly set. Ensure that cables are not dragging on ground, or in danger of being cut or
8. Connect brake air hoses from second dolly to rear of first dolly.
Failure to open cut-out valves on quick disconnect air lines at the rear (platform) of the
front dolly set will inhibit air supply from being available for second dolly brake system.
9. Open shut-off cocks at rear brake air lines gladhands (5) at the rear (platform) of the front dolly
10. Perform complete tow check (page 2-33) prior to towing empty dolly sets in tandem.