2-16. UNCOUPLING DOLLY SET WITH SHELTER FROM TOWING VEHICLE (Cont).
For M832 and M840, lock steering on front
axle (11 ) by installing lanyard rod (12) into front axle con-
necting link (13).
2-17. LOWERING SHELTER.
Shelter should remain approximately level while being lowered.
(1) Remove tiedown straps (1) from each of four lifting-leveling jack handles (2).
(2) Using four personnel, operate lifting-leveling jack handles (2) counterclockwise, at same time,
until shelter is resting on ground.
M832 (Except SN J089-001 thru 159 and J017-160 thru 350] and M840
(1) Rotate knobs of four Iifting-leveling jack valves (4) counterclockwise to open valves.
(2) Rotate release valve lever (6) at front of each of two hydraulic pumps (7) to PUMP position.
(3) Remove two handles (5) from dolly set toolbox and install handle in each hydraulic pump (7).
Using two personnel, operate hydraulic pumps to raise lifting-leveling jacks (3) slightly.