Tools and Special Tools
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's (WP 0046, Item 7)
Fabricate Elastic Cords in Frame Assembly
Fabricate replacement elastic cords as follows:
If elastic cords are being replaced to environmental damage or have been "worn out",
replace all three as a set.
1. Cut a length of cord (Figure 1, Item 1) approximately 24 inches in length.
2. Loop one end of the cord (Figure 1, Item 1) around the ridge purlin of the tent frame, and draw 3
inches of cord down.
3. Pinch the free end (Figure 1, Item 2) of the cord (Figure 1, Item 1) together with the standing portion
to form a loop, and position a staple (Figure 1, Item 3) approximately 1 inch from the end of the cord.
Use pliers to crimp the staple down and secure the loop around the purlin.
4. Place an additional staple (Figure 1, Item 3) next to the first.
5. Loop the remaining free end of the cord (Figure 1, Item 1) around the cable of the tent frame, and
draw 3 inches of cord down.
6. Repeat steps 3. and 4.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE