INTERIM NUCLEAR, BIOLOGICAL, AND CHEMICAL (NBC) DECONTAMINATION PROCEDURES
doors, and stove pipe openings.
Perform unit level decontamination of the MCPS only
under supervision of unit NBC personnel.
2. If MCPS is set up, decontaminate the fabric around the entrance way area of nuclear, chemical or
3. Prepare slurry by mixing approximately equal parts of water with STB. Use a swab, or broom to scrub
slurry into fabric.
4. Remove slurry promptly with brush and liberal quantities of water, preferably hot and soapy, then rinse
with clear water.
STB slurry may leave a harmless, white chalky residue.
This is not a cause for concern.
5. Decontaminate the remaining sections of the MCPS by natural methods. Expose the erected tent to
the effects of weather and aeration for approximately 2 to 3 days.
Heavy concentrations of Decontaminating Solution 2
(DS2) are harmful to the MCPS fabric. A fine spray
mist is recommended. Do not scrub with mop or
DS2 will cause some change in fabric color.
6. Aeration is not effective against V agents. If contaminated by V-agent entire MCPS must be
decontaminated with DS2 slurry.
END OF TASK
END OF WORK PACKAGE