DIRECT SUPPORT MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
Section I. SPECIAL TOOLS AND REPAIR PARTS
5-1. Special Tools
The special coil insert tools used in Direct Support maintenance of this tent are listed in appendix B. Instructions for use
5-2. Repair Parts
The repair parts that are authorized for use in direct support maintenance of this tent are listed and illustrated in appendix
Section II. TENT BODY, TENT SUPPORT, TENT ANCHORING COMPONENTS, AND ACCESSORIES
5-3. Tiedown Straps
a. Replacement of Buckle.
(1) Cut one end of the reinforcement (2, fig. 1-1), and remove the damaged buckle (1) from the tiedown strap
(2) Place a new buckle on the tiedown strap and fold the tiedown strap under the reinforcement.
(3) Machine sew the reinforcement to the tent with a single-X box stitch.
b. Replacement of Reinforcement.
(1) Cut the threads on the damaged reinforcement (2, fig. 1-1) and remove the reinforcement from the tent.
(2) Cut a 5-inch length of reinforcement from the proper 1-inch bulk webbing.
(3) Fold 1 inch of each end of reinforcement under in order that the new length will be 3 inches.
(4) Place the folded reinforcement over the tiedown strap (3) and machine sew it to the tent with a single-X box
c. Replacement of the Tiedown Strap.
(1) Cut the reinforcement threads and remove the damaged tiedown strap(3, fig. 1-1) from the tent.
(2) Cut a 21-inch length from the proper 1-inch bulk webbing.
(3) Install a new end clip (4) on one end of the tiedown strap.
(4) Place a serviceable buckle (1) on the opposite end of the tiedown strap and fold the tiedown strap under 3
inches at the buckle end.
(5) Place the tiedown strap under a serviceable reinforcement (2) and machine sew it to the tent with a single-X
5-4. Dee Rings, Chapes, and Loops
a. Replacement of Corner Dee Rings and Chapes.
(1) Remove the securing line (7, fig. 1-1) from the dee ring (14).
If the dee ring is damaged, remove the guy line (9) from the dee ring.
Cut the stitching from the chapes (13) and remove the chapes and dee ring from the tent.
Cut two 2-foot chapes from the proper 1-1/2-inch wide webbing.
Loop the center chape through a serviceable dee ring and place the two ends of the chape together.
Loop the remaining chape through the dee ring and place the chapes and dee ring onhe tent.