d. Line, Tent Jumper, 10 feet, 6 inches (3.200-m).
Refer to FM 10-16.
e. Line, Tent, Ventilator Flap.
(1) Cut flap line where it passes through grommet and remove defective line.
(2) Cut nylon cord of same length as removed line.
(3) Tie a bowline knot (FM 10-16) so that it forms an 8-inch (20 320-cm) loop at one end of line. Pass
opposite end through flap grommets and then through eye of bowline knot.
(4) Pull the end of line tight. Secure end of line to spindle of proper eave pole.
f. Slide Fastener Thongs.
(1) Cut defective thong from wire stirrup of slider.
(2) Using 10-inch (25.400-cm) length of nylon cord, fold in half.
(3) Insert folded end through ring of slider, then put both ends through loop and draw tight.
(4) Tie ends with an overhand knot. Refer to FM 10-16.
g. Cloth, Cotton Duck and Plastic Screening.
Unit maintenance is authorized repair of tent fabrics within the limitations of the
tentage repair kit. Major fabric repairs require maintenance at the Direct Support
(1) Determine if patching is to be applied with cement or will require hand sewing.
(2) Cut and apply patch per instructions contained in FM 10-16.