e. Extensive damage should be reported to Direct Support Maintenance.
APPLYING COATING COMPOUND TO FABRIC
a. Clean the fabric with a brush. Use a mild solution of soap (Item 3, Appendix F) and water to remove
grease a oil stains. Rinse with dean water.
b. Thoroughly dry tent before compound application.
Do not apply compound on a tent that is wet, dirty, mildewed, or
has oil and grease spots on the fabric.
c. Mix 40% of the compound with 60% cleaning solvent for either spraying or brushing.
Be sure the seams and patches receive a generous amount of
compound because these areas are more susceptible to mildew.
d. Apply compound to outer surfaces of fabric. Treated fabric will dry to the touch in 30 minutes, but if tent
is to be folded, it must be left to dry for 24 hours in a well ventilated area.
(1) For loose or missing grommets, install new grommets as described in FM 10-16.
(2) For grommets tom out, refer to Direct Support Maintenance for machine repair of damaged area,
then install grommets per FM 10-16.
(1) Remove eave guy lines.
(2) Open eye of hook and remove fairlead.
(3) Insert eye of replacement fairlead in hook, then close hook eye.
(4) Thread eave guy lines through fairlead.
c. Line, Tent, Jumper, 6-feet (1.830-m).
Refer to FM 10-16.