b. Preparing Tent for Cooking and Serving Food
During favorable weather conditions, the side and front walls may be raised to
form awnings as described in paragraph 2.7.b(21).
(1) To assure maximum ventilation through the stack section, raise the upper end lower ventilator flaps with
the hoisting lines at each pole in the stack section.
(2) When the walls are raised, make certain the serving window in the screen wall is kept closed until food is
served to keep the tent free of insects.
(3) When food is ready to be served, open the slide fasteners on the serving window. Roll up the screen
serving window and then tie the rolled window open with the tie tapes located at the top of the window.
Drop the window and dose the slide fasteners when the serving line is dosed.
(4) During inclement weather, the side awnings may be dropped as described in paragraph 2.8.a above. To
prevent the entrance of water into the tent during this condition, close the stack and front ventilators.
2.9 PREPARATION FOR MOVEMENT .
a. Striking the Tent.
(1) Perform your WEEKLY and MONTHLY preventive maintenance checks and services (PMCS) (Table 2-
Before allowing the tent to collapse during striking of the tent, be sure that all
personnel are clear from the inside and outside of the tent. Serious personal
injury could result.
(2) Remove jumper lines and hoisting lines (Figure 2-9).
(a) Untie hoisting lines from around stack upright poles and dose ventilator flaps.
(b) Untie hoisting lines from D-rings on stack ventilator flaps and grommets on screen panel.
(c) Untie jumper lines from eave line poles
(3) Removing screen wall (Figures 2-10 and 2-11).
(a) Remove thirty-two 16-inch (40.600-cm) tent pins from footstops at bottom of screen wall
(b) Untie screen wall tie lines from ridge pole, and remove front peak of screen wall from ridge pole.
(c) Remove spindles from eave line grommets on eave line poles. Remove screen tabs from spindles
and replace spindles into eave line grommets.
(d) Unsnap screen wall from snap fasteners located along the tent eave lines
(e) Roll up screen wall and remove from tent.