2-7. OPERATING PROCEDURES (CONTD).
(2) When the M2 burner unit has reached a stable operating state, carefully slide it into the burner rack under the
sink. Do not use force.
Allow burner units and lanterns to cool before releasing air
pressure from fuel tanks. Do not smoke and make sure there
is no open flame in the vicinity. Fuel fumes are explosive and
(3) When no longer required for operation, turn off the burner unit and allow it to cool.
d. Sink Assemblies. Proceed with the operation of the sinks as follows:
(1) Remove the covers (1) from the sink assemblies (2) to be used.
(2) Ensure the thermometer brackets (3) and thermometer (4) are attached to the sink assemblies (2).
Do not over tighten the drain knobs (5) when rotating counterclockwise
to close the drains. Very little pressure is required to close the drain.
Over tightening can damage the drain valves.
(3) Close the drains on the sink assemblies (2) by rotating the drain knobs (5) ¼ turn counterclockwise.
(4) Fill the sink assemblies (2) with 20 gallons (75.7 liters) of water, approximately 8 inches (203 mm) deep.
(5) Light the burner units IAW paragraph 2-7c.