2-7. OPERATING PROCEDURES (CONT).
(1) Warning Plates. The warning plates (1) are attached to the griddle and the steam tables in positions which are
easily viewed by the person being served. Plates are also attached to the cooking pot cradle, the heater tank,
and the oven.
(2) Operating Instruction. One operating instruction plate (2) containing instructions is attached to the heater tank.
c. Preparing Water. Water is required to operate the MFK. Water must be treated in accordance with TB Med
530. Water must have a residual chlorine content of five parts per million (PPM). Additional guidance may be found in
FM 10-23 and FM 10-52.
Establish a safe area for lighting M2 burner unit, a
minimum of 50 feet (15.3 meters) from the refueling, fuel
storage, cooking and sanitizing areas.
Extreme heat will cause M2 burner unit tank pressure to
increase because of fuel expansion. Insure you start with
prescribed pressure IAW TM 10-7360-204-13&P.
Fuel M2 burner units in servicing area only. When filling
the fuel tank, always provide metal to metal contact
between the container and the fuel tank. Remove spilled
fuel Immediately. Keep fuel tank and fuel container caps
tight at all times. Do not smoke and ensure that there Is
no open flame in the vicinity; fire or explosion may result.
Do not operate the M2 burner units if fuel or other
flammable material is on or near the M2 burner units.
Do not touch the metal surfaces of hot food preparation
equipment when M2 burner units are in use. Severe
burns may result.
Frequently check for heating of the tent or shelter wall
while M2 burner units are in use. Move the M2 burner
units if necessary to prevent possible Ignition of the tent.
d. M2 Burner Units. Proceed as follows when preparing the M2 burner units for use:
(1) Following all precautions, and instructions in TM 10-7360-204-13&P, start the M2 burner unit. Monitor the
burner unit for proper flame color.
(2) When the M2 burner unit has reached a stable operating state, carefully slide it into the burner rack. Do not use
Allow M2 burner units and lanterns to cool before
releasing air pressure from fuel tanks. Do not
smoke. Make sure there is no open flame in the
vicinity. Fuel fumes are explosive and highly
Bleed all M2 burner units and lanterns of air
before storage. Drain all fuel from equipment
into gasoline cans before movement or storage.