MODERN BURNER UNIT (MBU)
OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
When the power cables are properly connected and a pre-operational check has been performed, the
system is ready for power-up. The power-up sequence should occur as follows:
1. Ensure power is available at the source (1). If 110V AC is used be sure that commercial power is
available or that the generator is running. If a vehicle is being used, be sure that it is running.
2. If 110V AC is used, place power converter switch (2) to ON.
3. If the Battery Pack is used, make sure the 3-Position Function Switch (3) is in the RUN position.
Do Not Hold Power Button Down Longer Than 3 Seconds
When powering up the MBU press the POWER button just long enough to activate the
indicator lights on the right side of the Control Panel. Holding the Power button in longer than
3 seconds will cause the MBU to enter a Calibration mode that is used for the maintenance of
certain assemblies within the MBU. The calibration procedure is explained in the affected
maintenance work packages.
If the MBU enters the Calibration function, the hour meter will display CAL? To exit the
Calibration function and return to normal standby mode, either WAIT 10 SECONDS or press
the STOP button. Pressing the STOP button will immediately return the MBU to normal
standby condition. After returning to standby, resume normal operation.
4. Push POWER button (4) on individual MBUs.
5. Verify that the MBU is under power: Indicator lights (5) will flash for about 3 seconds and hour meter
background light (6) will illuminate. The hour meter will display a series of characters before displaying the
actual accumulated number of operating hours. Observe hour meter reading (7). Note that all required
service must be done before operation.