PERSONNEL DOOR HINGE
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 1)
Alcohol, Isopropyl (WP 0044, Table 1, Item 7)
1. Remove and replace one hinge at a time.
2. Remove five screws (5), flat washers (2) nuts (3) gaskets (1), and shims (6)
from top and bottom hinge (4).
3. Remove four screws, flat washers, nuts, gaskets, and shims from middle hinge.
4. Remove hinge.
Alcohol solvents are flammable. Keep away from
heat, sparks, and open flame. Keep containers
closed when not in use. Use only in well-ventilated
areas. Avoid prolonged breathing of vapors or
repeated contact with skin.
5. Clean the area where the hinge was secured using cotton cloth and isopropyl alcohol.
1. Locate hinge to door and install four bolts, flat washers, nuts, gaskets, and shims to middle hinge.
2. Install five bolts, flat washers, nuts, gaskets, and shims to top and bottom hinge.
3. Reapply sealant.
4. Prime and paint in accordance with local Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).