SHELTER DOOR ADJUSTMENT
THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 1)
1. Place a single piece of paper 0.005 inches thick by 2 inches wide (e.g., a dollar bill) between
the door silicone weather gasket and its bearing surface.
2. Close and latch the door and withdraw the paper. Do this at the top, middle, and bottom sections
of the door. If there is resistance to the withdrawal at each of the test points, sufficient seal
pressure exists and no adjustments are necessary. If there is no resistance at the hinged site,
notify your supervisor. If there is no resistance at the roller latch side, increase the gasket
compression by adding shims as follows:
1. Open door and remove Roller Latch Assembly (WP 0024).
2. Remove two bolts (1) and lockwashers (2) securing striker plate (3) at the location requiring
3. Insert approximately 0.032" aluminum alloy shim(s) (4) between striker plate (3) and door panel,
to a maximum thickness of 0.096".
4. Locate striker plate (3) with added shim(s) (4) to door and secure with two bolts (1) and
5. Retest the door assembly for proper closure pressure and repeat adjustment procedure as