THIS WORK PACKAGE COVERS:
General Mechanics Tool Kit (WP 0042, Table 2, Item 1)
Alcohol, Isopropyl (WP 0044, Table 1, Item 7)
1. Remove four bolts (1), lockwashers (2) and flat washers (3) securing handhold (4) to shelter roof.
2. Remove handhold (4) from shelter.
Alcohol solvents are flammable. Keep away from heat,
sparks, and open flame. Keep containers closed when not
in use. Use only in well-ventilated areas. Avoid prolonged
breathing of vapors or repeated contact with skin.
1. Clean the roof mounting area for handhold (4) using non-residual cleaning solvent (Isopropyl
alcohol) and cotton cloth.
To avoid injury to personnel, gloves must be worn when
working with polysulfide sealer.
2. Apply sealer to underside of handhold (4).
3. Locate handhold (4) to shelter roof.
4. Secure handhold (4) in place using four bolts (1), lockwashers (2), and flat washers (3).
5. Using a cotton cloth and non-residual cleaning solvent (Isopropyl alcohol), remove excess sealer
6. Replace sealant.
7. Prime and paint repaired panel surface in accordance with local Standard Operating Procedures