(3) Hold drill perpendicular to the surface to
prevent enlargement or damage to existing hole.
(4) Drill through center of rivet just deep
enough to sever rivet head from shank.
(5) Remove remainder of rivet with a pin
(6) Deburr rivet hole.
Install blind rivets as follows:
(1) Select proper diameter and length of blind
rivet (Items 13-16, Appendix E).
(2) Select appropriate nose piece for hand
blind riveter and install nose piece.
(3) Wet rivet with sealant (Item 18, Appendix
E and insert rivet in hole.
(4) Holding hand blind riveter at right angle
to work, install on blind rivet stem.
(5) Push against work with just enough
force to firmly seat rivet and prevent part separation.
(6) Actuate and pull rivet until stem breaks.
(7) Trim broken stem flush with rivet head.
(8) Firmly press on installed rivet to check
tightness of installation.
(9) Remove and replace in accordance with
procedure if installation is unacceptable.
Blind bolt removal.
(1) The blind bolt (BP-T & B100-T) can
be removed by using the proper size blind bolt removal
tool kit and any portable electric drill with a rated
speed of no more than 1250 RPM.
(2) The tools in this kit are illustrated
on page 4-183, and are tabulated on page 4-184.
(3) The fastener removal consists of four operations:
(a) Operation I - Drill pin. (See page 4-186)