SECTION III. OPERATION UNDER USUAL CONDITIONS
2-4. ASSEMBLY AND PREPARATION FOR USE. This section provides detailed instructions for setting up the Modular
Command Post System.
2-5. UNPACKING AND INSPECTION. All MCPS components are packaged in reusable shipping crates. Unpack
crates/transport bags and visually inspect their contents. Make sure that everything is there, including end items and basic
issue items, as listed in Appendix D. Also refer to Table 2-2, Operator PMCS, for inspection procedures. Do not destroy
shipping crates. Put the crates away for later use.
2-6. ASSEMBLY AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. To assemble the MCPS and install the equipment proceed as
Site Selection. When selecting a site on which to set up the MCPS:
(1) Select a level area.
(2) Ensure there is sufficient space to complex the needed number of Modular Command Post Systems.
(3) The area should be accessible to tactical vehicles.
(4) If possible, the area should be sheltered from high winds.
(5) Clear area of all rocks and underbrush.
(6) If necessary, dig a drainage ditch around the area.
Partial frame setup. Follow the steps below to partially set up the tent frame: