SECTION II. OPERATORS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE CHECKS AND SERVICES
INTRODUCTION. The MCPS components must be inspected regularly to find and correct defects. Record all
defects found during the performance of PMCS and the steps taken to correct them on a DA Form 2404, Equipment
Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet. Instructions for reporting /correcting noted deficiencies are contained in DA Pam
General. Table 2-2 (PMCS Table) has been provided so you can keep your equipment in good operating
condition and ready for its primary mission.
Warnings and Cautions. Always observe the WARNING
S and CAUTION
S appearing in your PMCS table. Warnings and cautions appear before applicable procedures. You must observe these
WARNING S and CAUTION S to prevent serious injury to yourself and others or prevent your equipment from being
Explanation of table entries.
(1) Item number column. Numbers in this column are for reference. When completing DA Form 2404 (Equipment
Inspection and Maintenance Worksheet), include the item number for the check/service indicating a fault. Item numbers
also appear in the order that you must do checks and services for the intervals listed.
(2) Interval column. This column tells you when you must do the procedure in the procedure column. BEFORE
procedures must be done before you operate or use the equipment for its intended mission. DURING procedures must be
done during the time you are operating or using the equipment for its intended mission. AFTER procedures must be done
immediately after you have operated or used the equipment.
(3) Location, check/service column. This column provides the location and the item to be checked or serviced.
The item location is underlined.
(4) Procedure column. This column gives the procedure you must do to check or service the item listed in the
Check/Service column to know if the equipment is ready or available for its intended mission or for operation. You must
do the procedure at the time stated in the interval column.
(5) Not fully mission capable if: column. Information in this column tells you what faults will keep your equipment
from being capable of performing its primary mission. If you make 2-3