REPAIR TENT FABRIC ASSEMBLIES - Contd
this does not increase effectiveness and will give the tent a poor appearance.
Do not leave original sealer container open, as sealer will thicken and become unusable. Limit the amount of time
container is open.
(1) Surface to be sealed should be cleaned as thoroughly as practical and completely dry before applying sealer.
(2) Pour small amount of sealer into a clean container and immediately reseal the gallon container.
(3) Apply sealer to stitching or repair to be sealed, overlapping seam stitching or edges of repair by /2".
(4) Allow first coat to dry to the touch.
(5) Apply second coat as described in step (3).
REPAIR FRAME ASSEMBLY.
This task covers:
Remove and Install Lower Leg Assembly
Remove and Install Handle, Rafter
Assembly, Upper Leg Assembly or Purlin
Remove and Install Detent Assembly
Remove and Install Cable Assembly or Cord
When handling tent frame, do not grasp the frame near the frame joints. Failure to do so can result in
personnel injury to hands and fingers.
Tool Kit, General Mechanics (Appendix B, Section III, Item 2)
Lower Leg Assembly (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 2, 20)
Handles (Appendix C, Group 5, Figure 19, Item 13, 33, 34)
Rafter Assembly (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 6, 27)
Upper Leg Assembly (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 3,21,24)
Purlin (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 15, 16, 29)
Detent Assembly (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 8, 23, 26, 30)
Cable Assembly (Appendix C, Figure 19, Item 17, 36)
Cord (Appendix C, Group 05, Figure 19, Item 18, 37)
Change 2 4-13