a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as "UOC:.." in the Description Column (justified left) on the last line
applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. FABRICATION INSTRUCTIONS. Bulk materials required to manufacture items are listed in the Bulk
Material Functional Group of this RPSTL. Part numbers for bulk materials are also referenced in the description
column of the line entry for the item to be manufactured/fabricated. Detailed fabrication instructions for items
source coded are found in this manual.
c. INDEX NUMBERS. Items which have the BULK in the figure column will have an index number shown in
the item number column. This index number is a cross-reference between the National Stock Number/Part
d. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publication(s) listed below pertains to the Chemical Biological
Protective Shelter (CBPS) System, Model CBPS 2000;
Operator's Manual for Chemical Biological Protective Shelter (CBPS) System.
Unit, Direct Support & General Maintenance Manual for Chemical
Biological Protective Shelter (CBPS) System.
HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group for subassembly group to which the
item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listing are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and use the figure and Item Number Index to find the NSN.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known.
(1) First. Using the National Stock Number and Part Number Indexes find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number. The NSN index is in National Item Identification Number (NIIN) sequence (see 4.a.).
The part numbers in the Part Number index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (see paragraph 4.b.).
Both indexes cross-reference you to the illustration/figure and item number of the item you are looking for.
(2) Second. Turn to the figure and item number, verify that the item is the one you are looking for, then
locate the item number in the parts list for the figure.
. Abbreviations used
in this manual are listed