Figure 5-2. Typical insert installation.
(7) Hold gun at right angle to work. Push gun
(5) Hold parts to be riveted tightly together
against work with just enough force to firmly seat
with epoxy or other satisfactory method.
rivet and to aid in avoiding sheet or other part
(6) Insert proper rivet in hole and apply with
gun (supplied with repair kit) by inserting stem
(8) Pull rivet until stem breaks.
head of-rivet in bottom slot in gun pulling head
(9) Installed blind rivets shall be checked, as
follows, before proceeding.
(a) The rivet stem and collar shall be flush
Wet all rivets with sealant (EC 776, 3M Co., or
equivalent) before installation,