(2) Install inserts (11), if removed.
(3) Install the plug assembly (19) and secure
(1) Inspect all parts for wear and damage.
with spacers (9), plates (8) and thumbscrews (17).
(2) Inspect the panel for dents, breaks, cracks
(4) Install strips (6) and secure with rivets
(5) Install nuts (4) and snap fasteners (3).
(1) Replace all worn and damaged parts.
(6) Install the plate assembly handles (2) and
(2) Repair the damaged panels using the ap-
secure with rivets (1).
propriate repair procedure given at the beginning of
the end panel, figure 4-23,
cure with washers and screws.
(2) Follow the same procedure, as above, when
and gasket (15), seal (14) and strip (13) onto the
installing the side panel.
raw panel (18) and secure with rivets (12).
Section XIV. MAINTENANCE OF FIXED FLOORS, WALLS AND CEILING
b. Repair. Repair honeycomb damage using
a. Inspection. Inspect the fixed floors, walls and
those procedures listed in Section VIII of this
ceiling for cracks, breaks, dents and holes.
Section XV. MAINTENANCE OF LEVLING JACKS AND POLE SUPPORT
(2) Remove the bolts from the lower bracket
4-23.1 Jack Assemblies.
and remove the jack assembly.
The shelter has four jacks. There are two dif-
ferent configurations available. For maintenance of
jacks installed on shelter seial number 1 through
the stud (2), washer (3) and seal (4) from the re-
ber 728 and subsequent, refer to paragraph 4-24,1.
tracting tube (14).
The two configurations are completely inter-
(2) Disconnect the wire rope (5) and remove
the ratchet (6) from the retracting tube.
(3) Remove the screw (7) and remove wire
4-24. Jack Assemblies (Shelter Serial No. 1
(4) Remove the screw (9) and plug (10).
a. General. This paragraph provides mainte-
nance instructions for jacks installed on shelter
(5) Remove the grommet (11), if replacement
serial numbers 1 through 727.
(6) Remove the cotter pin (12) and pin (13)
and remove the retracting tube (14) from the plate
pin and pin securing the upper portion of the jack
(7) Remove the screw (15) and remove the pin
assembly (16) from the plate (17).