(8) Remove push plate (43) from door by breaking
(3) During assembly of door window assemblies,
adhesive bond and peeling from door.
place a bead of PRC 611 sealant, Product Research
(9) Remove door stop (45) by removing rivet (44).
Co., Burbank, California, or equivalent, around edge of
Remove kick plate (47) by removing rivets (46).
outer window (39, fig. 10-2). Paint interior surface of
(10) Remove rivets (48) from door by drilling out
spacer (38) with one coat of TT-E-527, Color 3407 per
with drill bit of the same diameter as the rivets.
Federal Standard 595.
(11) Remove and disassemble anti-back-draft valve
(4) Assemble close-outs (40, 66, 67, 71, 72) on
by observing the following.
door panel assemblies using procedures outlined in
(a) Remove screw (49) and remove housing
Installation. Install the door assemblies in
assembly (51), gasket (52), and grill (53).
(b) Remove damper assembly (60) by
reverse order of removal procedure observing the
removing cotter pin (54) from pin (55). Re-move pin (55)
and washers (56) from hinges to allow damper assembly
(1) Position the doors and secure the hinges to the side
(60) to be removed from housing assembly (51).
panels with the captive screws (1, fig. 9-2). Adjust doors
(c) Remove counterweight (59) by removing
to assure that no binding or rubbing is present.
nut (57) and screw (58) from counterweight support (65).
(2) Replace the grounding straps at the upper left and
(d) Remove hinges (62, 63) by re-moving
right hand corners.
(e) Remove counterweight support (65) by
10-3. Folding Floor Jack Assemblies
removing rivet (64).
General. The folding floor jack assemblies are
(12) Remove close-outs (66, 67) by running a knive
used to level the folding ends of the expandable shelter.
or other sharp tool between the close-out and the paper
Removal. Remove the jack assemblies as
(13) Remove seal assembly (70) by re-moving
Install the jack assemblies as
rivets (68) and retainer strip (69).
(14) Remove close-outs (71, 72) using procedure
given in step (12) above.
10-4. Folding Side Panel Repair Procedures
(15) Remove door pull (74) from door panel
General. The folding side panel assemblies
assemblies (75, 76) by removing rivets (73).
are an aluminum faced honeycomb core panel which
Overhaul the door panel
house the door assemblies. There are four side panel
assemblies as required to return to a serviceable
Removal. Remove the side panel assemblies
Assemble the door panel
assemblies in reverse order of disassembly using figure
(1) Remove the folding floor jack assemblies as
a guide and observing the following.
(1) Install blind nuts and rivets using installation
(2) Disengage all latches and hardware which
procedures recommended by the manufacturer.
attach the side panels to the folding roof panels and
(2) Replace rivets observing procedures outlined
folding floor panels observing the procedures given on
the shelter instruction plate located on the door.
(3) Remove the grounding straps between the
folding end panels and folding side panels.
which secure the hinge half (11)