of a female connector and three electrical leads to
expose soldered wire connections to connector
provide interconnection between lights LT3, LT5 and LT7
receptacle (6). Unsolder connections and remove wires
and light switch S2.
(7) from receptacle (6). Remove sleeving (4, 5).
d. Repair. Inspect wires and insulation sleeving
(1) Disconnect harness assemblies (11 12)
for abrasions and cuts. Minor cuts and abrasions are
from receptacle boxes J21 and J22 located on the
acceptable and may be repaired by wrapping with vinyl
tape. Replace individual wires if cut or otherwise
Note. Cuts or abrasions of harness assemblies
cover plates (2). Remove nuts (3), washer (4) and screw
(5) and remove harness clamp (6). Remove screw (7)
may be due to sharp edges of electrical raceways,
and yoke (8) and remove harness assemblies (11, 12 fig.
handling. The cause shall be determined and eliminated
(3) Disconnect terminals (1, 2, fig. 6-7) from
before installation of the harness assemblies.
Assemble light wiring harness
(4) Pull the harness assemblies (11, 12 fig. 6-
assembly in reverse order of disassembly using figure 6-
1) from the electrical wiring raceways
as a guide and observing the following.
(1) Install insulation sleeving (4, 5) over wires
(7) and push back to expose connection end. Solder
(2) Remove hood (3) from harness.
wires (7) to receptacle (6) according to Specification MIL-
(3) Slide insulation sleeving (4, 5) back to
S-6872 using Sn60
Figure 6-7. Fluorescent lights junction box disassembly.