(2) Care shall be exercised during the
cloth soaked with methyl-ethyl-ketone. Allow insert to
trowelling operation to prevent entrapment of air pockets
in the insert hole.
(4) Place insert in hole and press down firmly.
(3) Use enough adhesive to ensure complete
(5) Wipe hole area with lint-free cloth soaked
filling of the hole after application of the insert.
with methyl-ethyl-ketone, to remove adhesive residue left
d. Installation of Inserts. Use the same size and
on the surface.
(6) Cover the hole area with tape, making
type of insert as the one removed, observing the
sure that the washer is held down firmly by the tape. A
diagram of a typical installation of an insert in a
(1) Coat washer and screw with a suitable
mold release, or tape over bottom of insert to prevent
(7) Cure at room temperature for 4 hours,
epoxy from entering inside of insert.
after one day, the tape can be removed and parts
(2) Turn screw and washer completely and
handled and fasteners inserted.
tightly into insert.
(3) Clean outside of insert with a lint-free
Figure 2-4. Typical insert installation.