(5) Disconnect connector in the water box and remove
Minor cuts and abrasions are acceptable and may be
repaired by wrapping with vinyl tape. Replace harness
c. Disassembly. Disassemble wiring harness as
assembly if individual wires are cut or otherwise
required for replacement of damaged parts as follows.
(2) Remove adhesive from electrical leads and
unsolder wires from thermo switches (3).
Cuts or abrasions of harness assemblies may be due to
(3) Remove the thermo switches (3).
other components or improper handling. The cause
(5) Remove adhesive from around electrical leads
shall be determined and eliminated before installation of
and unsolder wires from thermo switch (2) and remove
the harness assemblies.
g. Installations. Install wiring harness assembly as
(6) Disassemble strip heater assemblies to replace
defective parts as follows:
(1) Connect connector to the water box and install
(a) Disconnect wire (1, fig. 6-19) and remove nipple
(2) from terminals.
(2) Install wiring harness terminals (1 and 2, fig. 6-
(b) Remove nuts (3) and washers (4 and 5).
(c) Remove mounting screws (6), washers (7), and
(3) Install the screws and washers used to secure
the thermo switches (3, fig. 6-20) to the water tunnel.
(d) Remove heater (9) and insulator(10) from the
(4) Install clamps used to secure the unwiring
harness to the water line tunnel.
(5) Jack up the expandable shelter to gain access to
the water line tunnel under the shelter and install the
assemble the wiring harness as follows:
guide for heater installation.
crimp to secure.
(2) Solder wires to terminals on thermo switches (3)
according to Specification MILS-6872 using Sn60 solder
that conforms to Specification QQ-S-571.
2) or other continuity checking device to check continuity
a. General. The remote temperature sensing
of wiring. Continuity must exist between end fittings on
harness assembly (4, FO-:3) (located in back of manual)
individual wires. Continuity must not exist between
consists of a connector and three electrical leads (2, fig.
connector pins or between connector pins and connector
to provide interconnection between the shelter and
shell. If test indicates a defective connector or wire,
a remote conditioned air source. This harness is
installed on shelter No. 1 thru 184 only.
f Repair. If possible, straighten any bent connector
pins. Inspect wires for abrasions and cuts of insulation.
1. Terminal (15)
2. Thermo Switch
Figure 6-21. Remote Temperature Sensor Harness Assembly (TS013806)
Change 1 6-28