1. Terminal (15)
2. Thermo switch
Figure 6-18. Water Box Heater Harness Assembly (TS 013803)
exist between connector pins or between connector pins
(2) Install the screws and washers used to
and connector shell.
If test indicates a defective
secure thermo-switch (19, FO-3) (located in back of
connector or wire, replace harness assembly.
manual) to the water box.
f. Repair. If possible, straighten any bent connector
(3) Connect connector to the water box assembly.
pins. Inspect wires for abrasions and cuts of insulation.
Minor cuts and abrasions are acceptable and may be
6-14. Water Line Heaters Harness Assembly
repaired by wrapping with vinyl tape. Replace harness
assembly if individual wires are cut or otherwise
The water box heater harness
assembly (6, FO-3) (located in back of manual) consists
of an electrical connector and twenty-nine electrical leads
to provide interconnection between the water
system power harness and the water line heaters.
assemblies may be due to sharp edges
(1) Jack up the expandable shelter to gain access to
other components or improper handling.
the water line tunnel under the shelter and remove the
The cause shall be determined and
eliminated before installation of the
(2) Remove clamps used to secure the wiring
harness to the water line tunnel.
g. Installation. Install wiring harness assembly as
(3) Remove the screws and washers used to secure
the thermo switches (3, fig. 6-20) to the water tunnel.
(4) Remove wiring harness terminals (1 and 2, fig. 6-
(1) Install wiring harness electrical leads (20, FO-3)
(located in back of manual) strip heaters and install the