1. Terminal (4)
2. Terminal (10)
Figure 6-17. Underfloor Heaters Power Harness Assembly (TS 013802)
(b) Remove nuts (3) and washers (4 and 5).
electrical connector and seventeen electrical leads (fig.
(c) Remove mounting screws (6), washers (7), and
to provide interconnection between the water
system power harness and water box heaters.
(d) Remove heater (9) and insulator (10) from the
(1) Disconnect connector in the water box assembly.
(2) Remove the screws and washers used to secure
thermo switch (19, FO-3) (located in back of manual) to
in back of manual) as a guide, assemble the wiring
the water box.
harness as follows:
(3) Remove wiring harness electrical leads (20, FO-
(1) Install terminals (1, fig. 6-18) and crimp to secure.
3) (located in back of manual) strip heaters and remove
(2) Solder wires to terminals on switch (2), according
to Specification MIL-S-6872 using Sn60 solder that
c. Disassembly. Disassemble wiring harness as
conforms to Specification QQ-S-571.
required for replacement of damaged parts as follows.
(3) Assemble strip heaters in reverse order of step
(2) Remove adhesive from around electrical leads
and unsolder wires from thermo switch (2) and remove
2), or other continuity checking device to check continuity
of wiring. Continuity must exist between end fittings on
(3) Disassemble strip heater assemblies to replace
individual wires. Continuity must
defective parts as follows.
nipples (2) from terminals.