insulation. Minor cuts and abrasions are acceptable and
(located in back of manual) to the electrical wiring
may be repaired by wrapping with vinyl tape. Replace
individual wires if cut or otherwise damaged. Inspect
connector for any conductive wire or debris between
connector pins which may cause a short and remove if
(3) Joining male harness (8) to bracket (4) by
installing nut (5), washer (6) and screw (7).
(4) Connect harness connectors (13 and 14, FO-
3) to receptacle boxes on the shelter ceiling.
assemblies may be due to sharp edges
6-11. Surgical Light Wire Harness Assemblies
The surgical light wire harness
other components or improper handling.
The cause shall be determined and
assemblies (15, 16 and 17, FO-3) (located in back of
eliminated before installation of the
manual) consists of a connector receptacle and three
electrical leads to provide interconnection from the power
distribution box to the surgical light switches and the
the light wiring harness (13 and 14, FO-3) (located in
surgical lights when used.
back of the manual) as follows:
(1) Install insulation sleeving (3, fig. 6-15) over
wires (5) and push back to expose connection end.
receptacle box covers (2) from receptacle boxes.
Solder wires (5) to connector (4) according to
(2) Remove screw (3) and bracket (4) from
Specification MILS-6872 using Sn60 solder that
conforms to Specification QQ-S-571. Slide insulation
(3) Remove nut(5), washer(6) and screw (7) and
sleeving (3) over soldered connection points.
remove harness (8) from receptacle box.
(2) Install terminals (1) on wires (5) and crimp to
(4) Disconnect terminals (1 and 2, fig. 6-16) from
appropriate terminal boards and switches in power
(3) Install identification strap (2) around wires (5).
(5) Pull the harness assemblies (15, 16 and 17,
other continuity checking device to check continuity of
FO-3) (located in back of manual) from the electrical
wiring. Continuity must exist between end fittings on
individual wires. Continuity must not exist between
connector pins or between connector pins and connector
shell. If continuity does not exist between end fittings on
(2) Remove identification strap (3).
wires replace wire or connector.
(3) Slide insulation sleeving (4) back to expose
g. Installation. Install male fluorescent light harness
soldered wire connections to contact socket (5).Unsolder
connections and remove wires (7) from connector (6).
(1) Connect harness assemblies (13 and 14, O-3)
Remove sleeving (4)
1. Terminal 6, 2 per assy)
3. Strap, identification
5. Contact. socket (9, 3 per assy)
2. Terminal (3, 1 per assy)
4. Sleeving, insulation
6. Connector (3, 1 per assy)
Figure 6-16. Surgical Lights Receptacle Box, Disassembly (TS 013801)