securing the 400 Hertz harness and connector assembly
(6)Stall extrusion (71), rivets (70) and blind nuts
(8, FO-3) (located in back of manual) to the power out
(7) Install closeouts (68), angles (67), rivets (66)
(2) Remove the electrical lead from terminals 1
and blind nuts (65).
through 5 on terminal board (item 52, fig. 6-7, sheet 2 of
(8) Install spacers (64), housing assembly (63),
5) in the power distribution box.
slide assembly (62) and pin (61).
(3) Remove cover from raceway adjacent to
(9) Install transporter assemblies (60), washers
power out panel and remove all clamps securing the
(58 and 59) and rivets (57).
harness to the electrical raceway. Remove the harness
(10) Install extrusion (56), rivets(55), and blind
and connector gasket.
nuts (53 and 54).
c. Disassembly. Disassemble 400 Hertz harness and
(11) Install angles (47, 48, 49, 50, 51 and 52),
blind nuts (44 and 45), rivets (43), washers (42), and
connector assembly as required to replace damaged
terminals according to sequence of index numbers
(12) Assemble fixed floor assembly (35, fig. 6-5,
assigned to figure 6-8 and by removing terminals (1 and
sheet 2 of 3), by installing blocks (38, 39 and 40), panel
2) from electrical leads.
d. Repair. If possible, straighten any bent connector
assembly (37), and screws (36).
(13) Install plate (34, fig. 6-5, sheet 1 of 3),
pins. Inspect wires for abrasions and cuts of insulation.
stiffeners (30, 31, 32 and 33) and rivets (29).
Minor cuts and abrasions are acceptable and may be
(14) Install angle (28), rivets (27), and duct liner
repaired by wrapping with vinyl tape. Replace harness
assembly if individual wires are cut or otherwise
(15) Assemble plate assembly (18) by installing
plate (24), stiffeners (23), rivets (22), angle (21), rivets
(20) and duct liners (19).
(16) Assemble plate assembly (10), by installing
assemblies may be due to sharp edges
plate (17), stiffeners (15 and 16), rivets (14), angle (13),
rivets (12) and duct liner (11).
other components or improper handling.
(17) Install rivets (9), washers (7 and 8), and
The cause shall be determined and
eliminated before installation of the
(18) Install rivets (5).
(19) Install inserts (4), doublers (2 and 3), and
e. Assembly. Assemble 400 Hertz harness and
connector assembly in reverse order of disassembly
continuity checking device and check wire continuity.
using figure 6-8 as a guide; install terminals (1 and 2)
There must be continuity between corresponding
and crimp to secure.
terminals and connector pins. Continuity must not exist
between pins or between pins and connector shell. If
or other continuity checking device and check wire
test indicates a defective connector, replace harness and
There must be continuity between
corresponding terminals and connector pins. Continuity
f. Installation. Jack up the shelter to gain enough
must not exist between connector pins or between pins
height for access to the electrical cable raceway under
and connector shell.
If test indicates a defective
the shelter and install the access panels (4, 5, 6 and 7,
connector 'or' wires, replace harness assembly.
g. Installation. Install 400 Hertz power out harness
and bolts (7).
assembly in reverse order of removal.
6-5 400 Hertz (power Out) Wiring Harness and
60 Hertz (power In) Harness and Connections
a. General. The 400 Hertz (power out) wiring harness
and connector assembly provides for connection of
a. Removal. Remove the 60 Hertz (power in) harness
additional shelters or for other external 120/208 volts,
and connector assembly (1, FO-3) (located in back of
400 Hertz power requirements to the power out box
assembly. The wiring harness assembly consists of a
and (2) and observing the following.
connector and five electrical leads with terminals.
(1) Disconnect electrical leads from terminals 1
through 5 on terminal board (item 60, fig. 6-7, sheet 2 of
(1) Remove the nuts, washers, and screws