b. Installation. Using figure 4-18 as guide, install the
(1) Disconnect air duct assemblies (2, fig. 4-18) from
air duct adapter as follows:
source of conditioned air.
(1) Insert the bead side of flange assembly (3, fig. 4-
(2) Loosen coupling clamp (1) and disconnect air
18) inside the air duct adapter (4) past the cuff clamp.
duct assemblies (2) from air duct adapter (4). Remove
Tighten the cuff clamp using the thumb screw.
coupling clamps (1) and air duct assemblies (2).
(2) Install the air duct adapters (4) over the inlet and
outlet air ports. Orient adapter with open side toward
conditioned air source and secure with latches on flange
(1) Install duct assembly (2, fig. 4-18) at conditioned
air inlet flange on air duct adapter (4) and secure with
coupling clamp (1).
(2) Position duct assembly (2) along roof panel and
4-28. Conditioned Air Distribution Plenum
(3) Connect duct assemblies (2) to source of
(1) Open zipper on air distribution plenum (5, fig. 4-
18) and unfasten latches on flange assembly (3).
4-27. Air Duct Adapter
(2) Remove air distribution plenum (5).
(1) Position air distribution plenum (5, fig. 4-18) at
(1) Climb up on shelter roof. Unfasten latches
port selected as inlet port.
securing flange assembly (3, fig. 4-18) to air inlet and
(2) Secure plenum (5) with latches on flange
outlet ports and remove adapter (4).
(2) Loosen air duct adapter cuff clamp and remove
flange assembly (3) from adapter assembly (4).
Section IX. MAINTENANCE OF SHELTER ACCESSORIES
cable clamps to secure.
This section provides instructions for repair and
replacement of those items considered as accessories to
Ground anchors are expendable items
the expandable shelter. The expandable shelter
and are not removed after installation.
accessories consists of the guy line slips, guy line ropes,
air lick adapter, bellows adapter, tread plate, shelter jack
(1) Use driving rod and holder from inflatable Shelter
(2) Install cable assembly (3, fig. 4-19) in grooves in
ground anchor (5).
4-30. Guy Line Slips and Line Ropes
(3) Insert shaft of ground anchor in hole in end of
driving rod. Place holder over rod to hold rod. Use sledge
a. Removal. Remove guy line rope tension on slip (1,
hammer to drive anchor into ground approximately two
fig. 4-19) and untie knot
in rope (2)
to permit rope end
feet deep with point of ground anchor angled away from
pass through eyes of slip (1).
shelter in line with the applicable guy line rope (2) from
b. Installation. Pass end of guy line rope (2, fig. 4-19)
the air lock.
through eye of slip (1) through tie down ring on air-lock
(4) Attach guy line rope (2) to cable assembly (3)
chamber and then through other eye of slip (1). Tie a
and tighten guy line rope with guy line slip (1).
suitable knot in rope (2) to prevent end from slipping
back through eye. Tighten guy line rope (2) by pulling
4-32. Tent Pins
downward on slip (1), slip secures the rope position
a. Removal. Pull straight out on tent pin (6, fig. 4-19)
to remove from ground.
4-31. Ground Anchors and Cable Assemblies
b. Installation. Install tent pin (6, fig. 4-19) through O-
ring on air lock ground apron with tang on tent pin
a. Removal. Release tension on guy line rope (2, fig.
pointed away from shelter. Use a sledge hammer to
to cable assembly (3). Remove cable clamps and
drive tent pin flush with ground.
loop on one end of cable assembly (3) and pull cable
assembly (3) through slots in installed ground anchor (5).
Replace hook in end of cable assembly (3) and install