(5) Drain the utility element hot water tank by
close that connection. Continue to close connections
turning on the drain tank valve.
(6) Open up all the other water drains at the utility
connection remains open, then shut off compressed air.
Remove air hose from cold water outlet fitting and close
(7) Disconnect the external water supply hose at the
remaining connection and cold water outlet valve.
utility element and connect the compressed air hose.
Disconnect compressed air hose assembly from
(8) Open the compressed air valve about half way
compressed air outlet fitting, coil hose assembly, and
to purge residual water.
secure ends for storage.
c. Dismantling Air Lock Chamber. Dismantle air lock
(9) As the water ceases to flow from the utility
element drains, cap all the drains in sequence.
chamber as follows:
(10) Turn the compressed air on all the way and
(1) Disconnect air lock light assembly electrical
operate the shelter faucets until no water flows, only air.
cable from light cable receptacle at power input or output
Depress nozzle on flex hose only until all water is
panel. Remove light assembly from air lock chamber.
(2) Disconnect guy line ropes from cable
(11) Open the faucet drain valves and actuate the
assemblies to ground anchors. Remove tent pins.
faucets with the drain valves open.
Remove bow spikes installed under bow frame
(12) With the sump cover strainer removed insert
the compressed air hose into the sump drain. Purge
sump and drain line.
(13) Close the hot and cold water valves on the
Remove cable clamp on end of cable
assembly and pull open end of cable
(14) Disconnect the dual water hose and the supply
through installed ground anchor to free
and drain water hose from the connection panel. Drain
all hoses and purge. Coil hoses and secure ends for
(3) Remove bow frame assemblies from air lock
chamber. Separate bow frames and wrap with attached
(15) Drain and purge all hoses and shelter
guy line ropes to secure for shipment.
(4) Open and disengage zipper connection between
(16) Drain the utility element water system as
air lock chamber and air lock adapter, unsnap and
remove air-lock adapter from shelter.
(a) Remove drain caps from hot water tank,
(5) Fold fabric body assembly for shipment.
heat-exchanger and surge tank drains. Open hot and
d. Dismantling Expandable Shelter. Dismantle the
cold water faucets, the drain, and return valves and the
shelter as follows:
hot water and surge tank vent valves until all water has
drained from the system, then close vent valves.
cycle and 400 cycle power inlet cables, dual water hose
(b) Connect compressed air hose assembly to
assembly, and water drain hose from power input panel
compressed air outlet fitting. Hold discharge end of air
and water service box.
hose assembly against cold water outlet fitting. Open
compressed air valve approximately 20-to-30 Deg to
cycle and 400 cycle power output cables from power
deliver a small flow of compressed air into water system
output panel. Disconnect dual outlet water hose and
to purge residual water.
water drain hose outlet from water outlet panel.
assembly electrical cable from snap fastened loops in
Observe water system tank and plum-
top of air lock fabric body assembly.
bing for excessive heating due to purge
electrical cable from air lock light receptacle on power
air. If external temperature of water
system components approaches safe
touch temperature, decrease com-
lock light assembly from snap fastened loop in tock of air
pressed air flow or shut off air flow
lock fabric body assembly.
completely until system cools.
cessive temperature will damage the
clamp and remove air duct adapter port cover from air
pump and valve seals.
duct adapter port.
(c) When all water has been purged, note which water
duct adapter clamp and remove conditioned air duct
from air duct adapters.