Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Freightliner M915 / M916 -
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
Crew Protection Kit
4. Install bracket #966 as indicated in Figure 5-69b. The bracket is mounted between the OEM
bumper and the OEM bumper mount.
5. Place a bolt (13) with a washer (30) through the appropriate hole in the external A-pillar
panel #255. Place the spacer #960 on the bolt against the back side of panel #255. Set the
A-pillar panel in position against the side of the vehicle cab. The bushing #960 should pass
through the 30-mm hole drilled in the side of the cab (reference Section 2). The bolt should
pass through the corresponding hole in bracket #966. Secure the bolt with nut (38) and
6. Install bolts and washers (2, 27) that interface with the cowl armor corners (installed in
Section 5-12). Leave these bolts loose, as they must be removed and reinstalled in
7. Install bolts securing the overlap to the OEM hinge mount points on the A-pillar as shown in
8. All fasteners that have been installed to this point should still be loose to allow positioning of
the panel. Press the lower section of the A-pillar overlap firmly against the cab so that it is
inboard and down as far as possible against the lower edge of the door frame (reference
Figure 5-70). Hold
in this position and drill two 0.32-in.-diameter holes through the lower
door frame. Install bolts, washers (12, 33, 37), and tighten.
(1 of 3).