Installation Manual P/N 0257550622-00
Freightliner M915 / M916 -
(Doc No.: II113500-1 D)
Crew Protection Kit
An operating procedure, practice, and so forth, that is essential to
Either two personnel or lifting devices are required. Proper lifting and
securing devices are always required. Failure to comply could result in
personnel injury or damage to, or destruction of, equipment.
1.7 OVERVIEW AND GENERAL INSTALLATION GUIDELINES
The Crew Protection Kit is an add-on system designed for use on the M915-A3, M915-A2, and
M916-A1 vehicles. These Installation Instructions were originally written specifically for the
M915-A3 application, and additional instructions were added in Revision A to adapt it for the
M915-A2 and M916-A1 models.
In order to facilitate easy assembly, there are certain steps that must be executed properly and in
the right order:
1. Prepare the cabin (see Chapter 2: Cabin Preparations). For the M915-A2 models,
certain steps of the Air Conditioner Kit installation should be performed before the
installation of the armor.
2. Unpack the kit subassemblies according to the order of installation. The installation
sequence should follow the sequence as presented in this manual.
3. Locate / identify all the kit subassembly parts before installation.
4. Use the provided figures to identify the proper screws for each assembly. In addition,
fastener maps are provided in Section 6.
5. Do not tighten the fasteners until all pieces have been fitted. This allows the pieces to
be shifted for alignment. For the M915-A2 models, complete the installation of the
Air Conditioner Kit prior to applying locking compound and tightening all fasteners.
6. Upon completion of the installation of all components:
a) Spread locking compound on all screws (LOCTITE #243, Blue).
b) Install all remaining screws.
c) Tighten all screws. Check that no released screws are left un-tightened.
7. Some parts (like the doors and windscreen) are heavy, and require lifting devices.
Use proper lifting and securing devices to avoid injuries and damage to
8. Use the provided telescopic stand to secure the roof parts during assembly.
9. The windscreen and front parts are glued with Sikaflex. Read and use the manufacturer
instructions during assembly.
10. Spread Sikaflex on the adjoining side of all front parts and on screws before assembly,
to avoid water and moisture from entering the cabin.